Friday, October 12, 2012

Shake N' Bake

So I bought some Shake N' Bake a couple weeks ago at my kids request. Not something I normally buy, I don't really care for it AND it's full of nasty stuff that isn't good for you. I'll let you all know how much I hate interior isle food another time... Anyway, it was spendy. Like $3 for a box that didn't even cover all the chicken I needed to make for my family. Tonight I broke out the deep fryer and wanted to make chicken. I know, I know... but it's called Shake N' BAKE. Yeah well it works the same as a regular fry coating so that is what I used it for.

Tonight I decided to make a fry batter of my own and I'll tell you, not only is it super SUPER cheap to make, but it is about a bajillion times better than anything you can buy in a printed carton. Even my kids thought it was outstanding and as all mothers know, that is key to whether a recipe will go in the box or not.

Chicken Fry

2 1/2 c flour
Heaping 1/8 c sweet mesquite seasoning (I use Kirkland brand)
2 Tbsp garlic powder
3 Tbsp organic no salt seasoning (again Kirkland)
1 Tsp fresh ground pepper

3 eggs whisked together with 2 cups milk.

Dip your chicken in the milk mixture then dredge through the flour mix and fry according to directions on your fryer. This is amazing stuff and will be sure to please everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment