Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fabric Softener... On The Cheap

I was just looking at my bottle of fabric softener noticing that I was almost out. I guess I will have to make more. Thank goodness it only takes a few minutes because remember how I was telling you before that I work a couple days a month... yeah, that's today. However it is so quick to make I can shot out this blog real quick to let you know how before I head to work! Did I mention that because of the ingredients it actually helps keep your washer smelling fresh? Double duty! Who doesn't like that? This is also great for people with allergies because you can buy all natural conditioners and products you know you are not allergic to and use that! No more awful breakouts!

Fabric Softener (that helps keep your washer clean!)

2 c White Vinegar
1 c Conditioner (whatever brand and scent you like)
1 c Warm Water
2 or 3 drops Essential Oils (optional)

That's it. Really it's that simple. Make sure you stir the concoction and not shake it. If you shake it you will end up with lots of foam. I pour it all into a bottle and just tip it side to side until it's mixed up. The great thing is that it is so customizable! Hmm... is that even a word? Well it is now. Anyway, you can find both conditioner and vinegar at the dollar store and since you use the same amount as you do with a normal fabric softener this is way cheap! Oh, and don't worry about the fear of vinegar smell. There is none! Your clothes come out of the dryer smelling great! You can use it in a softener ball, like a Downey Ball or put it right into the washer's built in dispenser! Easy Peasy! Oh and it is fine for front loaders as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment