Thursday, January 31, 2013

Detox and Relaxation Bath...

Have you ever had one of those days were you just feel blah? How about a day so stressful that you want to pull not just your own hair out, but everyone that you come in contact with's hair too? How about both? Yeah, we've all been there and as little fun as it is there is some relief out there... and the best part? You probably have everything that you need in your kitchen. 

Recently I went on a full body detox. It was amazing for me in so many ways. It brought back life to my body that I didn't know I was missing. Not only did I drop some pounds, but my hair, skin and nails looked amazing. I have decided that I am going to do this for 3 days at a time once a month. I did a 3 week detox to restart my body. This is just one of the things that went along with the plan.

Detox Bath:

To the hottest water you can stand add: 
1 cup Epsom Salt
1 cup Baking Soda
2 tablespoons Ginger Powder (grated ginger root or 4 ginger tea bags works too)



Soak in this bath for at least 20 minutes. Make sure that you have a glass of cold water with you because you will want to keep cool. It is said that 20 minutes is what it takes for your body to absorb enough of the minerals to start the detox. The longer you can hold out the better. DO NOT OVER DO IT! IF YOU START TO FEEL DIZZY GET OUT! Just like a hot tub... you'll know when you've had enough, don't push it!!!! 

After you get out wrap hair in towel and your body in a warm bathrobe or blanket to keep your body warm. Do not put on lotion or oils when you get out because that will block your pores and seal in the toxins. It's best to do this at night so you can let it work it's magic over night, then shower the yucks off in the morning! Do this once every couple weeks! 

You can add other herbs to this if you feel so inclined. These are the basics and are what get the job done. Hope it brings a little happiness to your life! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment