Friday, November 9, 2012

Thanksgiving Food Extravaganza!

I have decided that I am going to start posting holiday recipes because I am getting really excited for the festivities to come!

Holidays, all of them, are a big deal in our house. We really love to go out of our way and make it something special. This time of year chimes in some of the very best holidays the year has to offer. I can't wait and already have my house smelling of spice and pine! I am off to get some cinnamon scented pine cones today, they are just about one of the most amazing things on the market! I LOVE THEM! If only I could figure out how to make them then I would be on cloud 9... probably 10!

Today I am cheating a little because I ran across this recipe on one of my favorite blogs calle 100 Days Of Real Food.  If you haven't checked it out before I suggest you do so... NOW! Here is her amazing recipe!



Chestnut and Prosciutto Stuffing!


INGREDIENTS

  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 4 ounces prosciutto, diced
  • 1/3 cup diced onions
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups shelled and roasted chestnuts, chopped
  • ½ cup + ¾ cup chicken broth, divided
  • 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
  • ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 4 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread, toasted and chopped into 1 to 2 inch chunks

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (if baking as a separate casserole dish).
  2. In a medium-sized saute pan over medium heat melt the butter. Add the diced prosciutto and allow to cook until it starts to turn brown and turns crispy on the edges, about 5 minutes.
  3. Add the onion and garlic and continue to cook until the onion begins to soften.
  4. Stir in the chopped chestnuts and 1/2 cup of chicken broth and let simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
  5. Turn off heat and stir in diced apple, Parmesan cheese, egg, toasted bread chunks, and remaining 3/4 cup chicken broth.
  6. Use mixture to stuff your turkey or transfer to a 8″ x 8″ or 9″ x 9″ square baking dish and bake until golden brown on top, about 20 – 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment